I am totally in love with how my Wood Easter Blocks turned out – see those here that I made another set to spell out Spring. These trendy blocks with messages are very popular right now….in crafting and home decorating. I love how versatile these block sayings and phrases can be. Depending on your supplies – the only limit is your imagination.
– mini wood plaques
– scrapbook paper
– embellishments (buttons, ribbon, ric rack, flowers, bling)
– wood glue
1. To start I painted each mini wood plaque an ivory color. Shading the edges with watered down brown paint.
2. I used tracing paper to make a pattern of each middle of the plaque and then transferred that onto scrapbook paper and cut out the shapes. I then glued the paper onto each plaque with the wood glue. Use a squeegee or brayer to get any bubbles or extra glue off that may seep out the edges.
3. The letters are cut from Alphalicious cricut cartridge. I used my Gypsy to design the letters and made some a little smaller, longer or stretched out. I then cut everything on my Cricut. I used glue and mod podge to attach to blocks.
4. I had my hubby cut small blocks of wood that I attached to the back of each plaque that would make it sit evenly. I attached the blocks with wood glue.
5. I then embellished each block by adding bling, ribbon, flowers, buttons, ric rack etc.
Subscribe to my newsletter here.
This post was first seen on CountryCharmbyTracy