Who is Country Charm by Tracy?
I’m a Christian wife and mom who loves all things crafty. My blog is filled with DIY tutorials from home decor, seasonal crafts to organizing my home and family. I love to Share Ideas, Share Tips and Be Inspired by others. My decorating style is primitive country and love to take “this” and make “that” out of it.
I live in Texas with my hubby and 2 boys. By day ~ I am an administrative assistant for a State of Texas facility who provides service to those living with mental disabilities ~ I’ve been there over 25 years and have worked my way up through the ranks. I get to use my creative side all day long. I love the people I work with and am fortunate to have an office full of co-workers who support and are interested in things I like too.
By night ~ I am a mom, wife and crazy crafter. I love to paint, create, scrapbook, make cards, and do video tutorials to show you all my style of crafting ~ with a bit of country charm. (updated 12/2014) Through this blog I am working towards my future to turn my hobby into a full time job. In a few short years I hope to be able to be a full time blogger who shares her love all things country and then some. I trust that God will lead me down the path He has chosen for me.
I’ve been blogging since 2009 but took a break in 2012 to really spend time with these guys. My oldest is a senior now and youngest in 2nd grade. They are involved in sports, school projects and we are involved in Church activities and just taking time to enjoy our family. My youngest has ADHD and if you are not familiar with this challenge in a child it becomes such a part of a family that total focus must be to keep life as calm and supportive as possible. I took a step back from blogging (as this is what I would do at night) to focus on him. The rewards are great! Thanks for sticking by me through the past few years. 🙂
I have been crafting my entire life (it seems). I was always the creative one in the family and still am Ü. I get more credit than I really deserve because I couldn’t do it without my faith, family and following of God, His word and belief that He will provide to those who are Faithful.
Why do I do this?
Simple! I love to craft, I love to help others and I love to share! I am fortunate to have a wonderful belief that good things happen to good people. Be faithful, love your family, love what you do and love God. Simple as that!
Other interesting “this and that” about me:
* My boys are 9 1/2 yrs. apart in age. We never gave up and are blessed with 2 boys.
* My first craft was crocheting and cross stitch. whew! LOL
* I taught myself how to paint.
* I teach Sunday School to very energetic Kindergarteners.
* I live in the same town with my entire family and in-laws. Yes! Very unusual.
* I am the oldest of 4.
* My entire attic looks like the warehouse of Hobby Lobby – my wonderful hubby helped me set it all up. It is right off of my Scrap Room and very easy to get to. YAY Me! It’s not as pretty as Hobby Lobby but has enough stuff to supply a small store.
* My craft room is now my Scrap Room/Video Room – it’s a long skinny room but I LOVE IT! I am so fortunate to have a handy hubby that can help my dreams come true.
* I live in Brenham, Texas which is home of the famous Blue Bell Ice Cream. Both of my brothers and one sister-in-law work there along with many family and friends. Blue Bell is trucked all across the Lone Star State and has plants in several southern states.
* My favorite quote – “Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide”, ~ My Dad.
“When you Change the Way You Look at Things ~ The Things You Look at Will Change” ~ unknown